Benefits Of Being A Member Of
The Family Office Real Estate Consortium
The Family Office Real Estate Consortium was created to solve two of the most significant issues for family offices when it comes to real estate - Due Diligence & Deal Flow. These areas, in addition to combined "investment power" of the group, better terms can often be negotiated for member investments.
Due Diligence is the MOST important part of identifying good real estate opportunities. It starts with the operator/sponsor, and then the property is secondary.
We use our internal and strategic partners' combined experience of over 100 years and $10BB of due diligence real estate investment experience to help our members identify potential opportunities.
During this process, we analyze:
The Operator / Sponsor
All Financial Models, including assumptions, worse case/ mid case / best case scenarios
Demand Analysis of Property Type
Where we are in the Market Cycle
· To be able to look at deals provided by other members that have already worked with an operator and had investment success;
· To receive lower fees on deals due to negotiations as a group with sponsors;
· To discuss potential deals as a group or with other members;
· To have an asset manager who is investing alongside other members to help with the oversight and performance of any properties the group invested in
· To meet other family offices and family office professionals.
· To potentially save $100,000s to Millions of dollars in transactions and opportunity costs from bad investments;
· To keep from having an in-house person to evaluate direct real estate deals which would cost the family office between $80 to $125K for an analyst per year plus taxes and insurance.